FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I bring in video from viewer with out audio?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Can I bring in video from viewer with out audio?
on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:01:25 pm

I am bringing down video from the viewer to the timeline, then deleting the audio. Is there a way to bring down the video without the audio? Be nice to be able to bring in the audio without video when necessary as well.

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
Re: Can I bring in video from viewer with out audio?
on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:29:06 pm

Sure you can. On the left hand side of the timeline, where you see the track labels (V1, V2, V3, etc... & A1, A2, A3, etc...), you'll also see a button labeled v1 (note it's lowercase) on the video tracks, and a1, a2, a3 etc... on the audio tracks. You can move these buttons up and down to select where you want video or audio from the viewer to end up. You can also simply click them to either allow (when for example the v1 button is touching the V1 label) or prohibit (when they are not touching) that track from receiving the corresponding track in the viewer when you place that clip in the timeline.

I hope that makes sense, and I'm sorry I don't know the official terms for what they're called, but that's how you do it.

Best,

-Grant Gomm
http://www.grantgomm.com

EDIT: This works on FCP 7 and below, but I have no clue about FCPX if that's what you're using.

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:45:29 pm

Grant,
Thank you...I have FCP 7. I understood you perfectly. Saves time, again thanks for taking the time to assist a beginner...Suzin

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:49:40 pm

You bet. Best of luck.

-Grant Gomm
http://www.grantgomm.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]