FORUMS: list search recent posts

Switching Audio channels on FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharif Al-Haj
Switching Audio channels on FCP?
on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:43:44 pm

I need help with this problem as soon as possible.

I recorded earlier today and recorded on 1 channel which happened to be AUDIO INPUT 2. I posted the video on my FCP timeline and noticed I recorded the audio in the wrong input channel and need it to be switched to Audio Channel 1 so that I can voiceover onto Channel 2. How do I go about this. The video is all ready on my timeline, not trying to re-import anything. Is there any way I can configure this in the time line? I deleted Audio channel 1 since there was nothing on there anyway, so right above AUDIO 2 there is nothing. I need it the other way around.

Thank You!

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Switching Audio channels on FCP?
on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:55:11 pm

Highlight all of the audio clips on track 2.
Hold down the shift key so you dont slip sync and just drag them all up to audio 1. As long as they are all highlighted they will all move at the same time.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Sharif Al-Haj
on Jan 26, 2012 at 4:09:04 am

Thank you! I will try it out and let you know how it worked out!

Return to posts index

Sharif Al-Haj
on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:58:57 pm

That didn't work out. I did everything you said, holding shift and placed it in ch1. however on the side where the audio signals show, the audio stayed in ch2

All the Best!

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Jan 26, 2012 at 7:48:01 pm

Ok now I am confused - when you say

[Sharif Al-Haj] "on the side where the audio signals show, the audio stayed in ch2"

If you placed it on channel 1 in the timeline then it worked!

Do you mean the source side ?

You cant change where the source audio is. If thats been recorded on track 2 then it will be always on track 2 on the source side.

Simply assign track 2 on the source side to track 1 on the destination side. (Just drag 2 up to 1) then when you make an edit it will go to track 1 on your timeline.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]