FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow equivalent of Log and Transfer in Final Cut Pro 7 (FCPX)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Callahan
Workflow equivalent of Log and Transfer in Final Cut Pro 7 (FCPX)
on Jan 24, 2012 at 1:18:05 am

Hi Everyone,

I recently upgraded to FCP X from FCP 7 and I've run into a bit of a sticky situation regarding the log and transfer workflow for this new final cut. In prior versions, I had become comfortable with using Log and Transfer to cover all of my bases, mostly ingesting, but also renaming the .mov files as they were seen in the finder. This feature was especially important to me since I do a lot of client work where I need to be giving them properly labeled .mov files to simplify search options in OSX.

From what I can see, this new log and transfer in FCPX does not rename the file as they are seen in the finder, it only labels them as an event with the date/time the file was shot/transferred, which does not help me at all. Is there any way to formulate a workflow where I am able to view/label a clip, then ingest and have the clips labeled and good to go as seen in the finder? It would be really helpful for media management outside of Final Cut where I don't have to waste my time by going and having to rewatch/relabel all of the clips in the finder.

Or can someone please explain to me what the equivalent workflow for log and transfer would be in this new fcp? I feel like I'm missing something where Apple would have essentially eliminated this really useful feature.

I'm ingesting via HVX200/DVCPRO HD using a P2 reader over USB 2.0

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Workflow equivalent of Log and Transfer in Final Cut Pro 7 (FCPX)
on Jan 24, 2012 at 3:22:58 am

Hi Dan,
There is an FCPX Technique forum to deal with the questions on FCPX.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dan Callahan
Re: Workflow equivalent of Log and Transfer in Final Cut Pro 7 (FCPX)
on Jan 24, 2012 at 4:41:40 am

I figured it was a simple question asking about how Log and Transfer works, but I guess I will post it there. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]