FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Express imported audio "pops"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Vetters
Final Cut Express imported audio "pops"
on Jan 19, 2012 at 6:18:36 pm

My apologies, as I am sure this question has been asked before.

I have done some narration on a Tascam DR-100 using an Audio Techna mic with XLR inputs (irrelevant, but just for full details).

I have imported the .wav file into Final Cut Express. Initial playing of the file is perfect, but it appears that as soon as I trim off the head or tail, I get a pop/crackle at the beginning.

I have researched and found that .aiff files are best, so I converted the audio to that, and still exact same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions/solution?

Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Final Cut Express imported audio "pops"
on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:56:25 pm

If you mean the click at the start & end of the clip as it passes the "play head", that's because frame based editing doesn't put the cut at a "zero" crossing point, so at the cut there's a high likelihood that there'll be a voltage jump, which translates aurally into a click. It won't happen every time, YMMV but it probably will something like half or three-quarters of the time.

The way to deal with it is either tweak the cut point in an audio suite (where you have sample accurate cutting) or add a fast dissolve to the cut (either keyframed or simply add a cross fade effect with a duration of 1 frame).

Return to posts index

Grant Vetters
Re: Final Cut Express imported audio "pops"
on Jan 25, 2012 at 11:50:04 pm

My apologies for the delayed response. I think you hit the nail on the head!

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

: )

Grant

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]