i'm new to FCP X (10.0.2.) i have the following question:
i am putting together an animation film that was shot in two different formats:
- still images in 1920 x 1280
- movie files in 1920 x 1080 25 fps
since the still images make up the vast majority of the material, i would like to use a format that clips as little as possible from the stills, while it's ok if the film files get cut (or blown up and then cut respectively).
i need two final products:
- a dvd with the best possible quality to view on the computer
- a youtube-compatible, compressed film file
- what format would be best to use for the final products?
- how do i actually fusion the two? is compressor needed for this?
(currently FCP automatically downscales the stills to fit the height of the movie files because for quality reasons i chose the Full HD format whenever i imported material to a new project. the downscaling of the stills is ok with me, but what is not ok is
- that the stills have a broader black frame than the movie files, which are widescreen
- that the downscaling of the stills makes the image "zoom out", meaning i cannot create a smooth transition from a movie file to a still image without a major jump/zoom-out.