FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot have 2 Firewire ports connected at the same time ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john bolton
Cannot have 2 Firewire ports connected at the same time ?
on Jan 15, 2012 at 9:55:02 am

Hello I am new to FCP 5.0.4 I also have another setup using Media 100p which I am now trying to convert over to FCP on a quad core G5 PPC. The problem I am finding is that in the original system I could have a Firewire input for the Cam and Firewire output for the Canopus box to view on a large TV screen at the same time. However, with FCP I cannot seem to Log and capture if another Firewire port is still connect to the Canopus box. I can't see any Firewire selection in the various options to say..” Use this one for Cam in and use this one for the Canopus box”. On the Media 100p system the Canopus box appeared in a list of devices so you could make a decision as to what you wanted the system to know.. I am assuming I am missing a simple menu somewhere but not found it yet,, Any help would be appreciated Thanks John

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Cannot have 2 Firewire ports connected at the same time ?
on Jan 15, 2012 at 12:01:40 pm

Hi John,
You are right.
Curiously is the first time that I see this question risen in the forum.
No idea how to make FC to choose between two FW inputs.
I would have a look in QT Preferences > Recording > Video source.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Jan 15, 2012 at 4:22:24 pm

Hello Rafael. It is strange.. I also have a 1TB Firewire Off-board drive that I can't use now as when I want to capture from the cam I have to unplug the Canopus box and the Off board HDD whereas i the passed I could capture to the Off-board drive,,,.. I have not looked at the QT setting as I did not think it would interface with the FCP configuration.. An I in the right part of the FCP questions or should I also re-post in the advance section? John

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 16, 2012 at 1:16:41 am

Hi John,
I don't know your computer, but think that having two FW sockets doesn't means having two FW buses.
However, have a look in the A/V Preferences > capture preset and try to set one preset for each of your devices.Try also "Device Control" and if possible set one for each device.
Then see if you can set one device on Capture and another one in"A/V Device".
I'm looking in FC.7.
Don't remember how this was on FC 5.0.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]