FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP > Compressor > Studio Pro > DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Tamou
FCP > Compressor > Studio Pro > DVD
on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:34:11 am

I have a 4 1/2 minute video in Final Cut Pro. I sent it to compressor and use the 90 minute dvd format then burn the dvd in studio pro. I lose a lot of video quality when I watch the video on dvd. Is there another setting in compressor I can use to get a better quality video. Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCP > Compressor > Studio Pro > DVD
on Jan 13, 2012 at 3:56:29 pm

Best workflow for me is Export Self-Contained QT with Current Settings (DO NOT re-compress). Use that file in Compressor. Make sure you're choosing the 90 min Best setting. Then turn on Frame Controls and increase the applicable quality settings. Then encode. In DVDSP make sure you're not re-encoding anything. Just use the files made in Compressor. DVDSP should not affect the quality. Compressor affects the quality.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:02:00 pm

I agree with John, that is the way I do it. It takes 4x longer if you send your project to Compressor from FCP.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 14, 2012 at 10:53:38 pm

Are you watching the DVD on your computer, or on a TV? The DVD player on your Mac always sucks when you watch full screen.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]