FORUMS: list search recent posts

download/convert youtube video for editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Maida
download/convert youtube video for editing
on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:02:23 pm

I'm trying to find the most efficient method of downloading from youtube to the mac for editing purposes. I've tried several but they are either not working right or I'm doing something wrong.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: download/convert youtube video for editing
on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:40:45 pm

I like a site called clipconverter.cc. But I only use it for personal amusement.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:00:35 am

The latest version of MPEG STREAMCLIP will do this:

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/ssimmons/story/did_you_know_mpeg_str...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Scott Maida
on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:23:18 am

thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow. I already have skysoft, kigo and 4media... but I need something that I can edit with for a project.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:09:14 pm

Mozilla Firefox has an Add-on called DownloadHelper that's a one-click way to get the file to your drive. Then, of course, you have to convert. I do it this way if I want to use Compressor to make a ProRes file to edit.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Scott Maida
on Jan 13, 2012 at 5:01:33 pm

Thanks. However, I tried it and I was told I was converting 21 files on the URL and of course, one was corrupt eliminating the entire batch.
Not sure how to deal with that issue.. but I will continue to try other videos and see what happens. I'm editing a highlight reel from an event (and have permission even!)

Return to posts index

Annile Brown
on May 15, 2012 at 8:33:41 am

In order to complete this task smoothly, you can use an all-in-one video recorder. It features both downloading and converting functions. If you only want to make some small changes on downloaded video files, the inlaid video editor of this app will be your helper.For advanced video editting operations, I recommend Windows Movie Marker and Camstudio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]