FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting Editing question (possible mixed format sequence)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Martinez
Shooting Editing question (possible mixed format sequence)
on Jan 11, 2012 at 1:49:03 am

First time poster long time reader.

So here is what is up!

Im shooting a video that the artist wants to use slo-motion and have a "film look"

Equipment being used
Canon 7D

possible formats
1080 @ 24
1080 @ 30
720 @ 60

Software
Final Cut 7
Twixtor (for slow motion)

Now the majority of the video is getting shot at 1080 @24. The part that is causing me issues is the slo motion sequences. If I shoot at 720 @ 60fps in combination with twixtor it will give the best possible slo-motion available from the rig. But then the problem of having an obvious video look. 1080@24 gives me the film look but will do ok with twixtor when applying super slow motion.

Im trying to avoid a potential post headache. I want to the final format to be 1080@24fps what is the best way to come to this output with what is going on.

thank you fellow bovine.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Shooting Editing question (possible mixed format sequence)
on Jan 11, 2012 at 3:46:24 pm

If it was me, I'd concentrate on getting the smooth and clean slo motion first, then throw plug-ins at it to make it more "film-like" after that step. Magic Bullet and Nattress would be my choices there.

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
Re: Shooting Editing question (possible mixed format sequence)
on Jan 12, 2012 at 4:29:20 am

IMO 720p60 on the 7D looks awful... the pixel skipping becomes even more evident. If you need slo-mo I'd consider a different camera if possible or shoot 1080p30 and use twixtor to slo-mo as much as you can...

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]