FORUMS: list search recent posts

dealing with Log and Transfer window for two-camera shoot files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
dealing with Log and Transfer window for two-camera shoot files
on Jan 7, 2012 at 6:54:25 pm

Hi,

I'm editing a two camera shoot and we have different audio sources on each camera, so we need both camera clips of each shot. When I'm in Log and Transfer and NAME, I can find the first clip to transfer. I then click on start time to reorder the window to find the other camera. I'm using the start time, visually, to tell me which way to scroll to get to the first clip in the new reordering. Then next to it, I can bring in the second camera. Is there a simple keystroke, or other move, to take me to the first clip I have already selected?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: dealing with Log and Transfer window for two-camera shoot files
on Jan 7, 2012 at 8:18:34 pm

I'm not sure about your question, if it is confusing I suggest importing one camera at a time. Eject every camera archive that shows up in L&T then bring just camera 1 back in. Set up the name/info as necessary and transfer. Eject the archive when finished, then repeat for camera 2.

Return to posts index

John Livings
Re: dealing with Log and Transfer window for two-camera shoot files
on Jan 8, 2012 at 6:10:46 am

Hi Ty,

I am guessing you are using HD Media not DV. (Log and Capture for DV, Log and Transfer for HD)

I will bring in the clips and make sure I label them as such;

Bal RR 1211 S1 C2 T2 meaning Balboa (Venue), RR=name of show (Rock & Roll), Year/Month (12-2011), S1(Show number), C2 (Camera #2), Tape Number (2)

Before each show we use a Flash with all the cameras running for future sync (No time code for DV and many Prosumer HD cameras. FCP adds the time code.

I then match up the flash (on the timelines) and adjust from there.

If you could provide more information, I may be able to offer more help.

Regards, John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]