FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Exporting Reference movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Young
Problem with Exporting Reference movie
on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:00:11 pm

I have a Sequence with with two tracks. Track V1 has a 15 sec clip and V2 has a 20min clip. When I export both tracks it creates a ref movie in under a minute, If I turn off V1 and export only V2, the 20 min clip hit does it in under a minute, but if I turn off V2 to export only V1 the 15 sec clip it take over 15 minutes to create the ref movie. V1 is a iPhone 4s clip (35MB) that I converted in compressor to match the V2 clip which is from my JVC GY-HM100 (3.5GB) shot at 720p60 Sp When I look at the two clips the setting are all the same. The reference movie size is 280mb Not sure why the the one clip is taking so long or why the ref mov is so large.

Data Rate: 2.4 MB/sec
Vid Rate: 59.94
Frame Size: 1280 x 720
Compression: HDV 720p60
Pixel Aspect: Square

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Problem with Exporting Reference movie
on Jan 5, 2012 at 3:03:07 pm

Did you convert your iPhone video to a codec FCP likes first?
Are you editing .h264 video - Not advised. Results can vary.

Did you try setting an in and a Out point for exporting?

Did you try exporting self contained?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:41:34 pm

If you dont' render before you export a QT Reference...the reference movie will contain the render files FCP needs to do to make the reference movie...thus making it VERY large.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kevin Young
on Jan 6, 2012 at 12:17:47 am

I converted the iPhone to HDV 720p60 from compressor. This the same format that the JVC used when you set the camera to 720p60 Sp I looked at the file with "Media Inspector" and the only thing I see different is the codec, the camera is hdv9 and compressor3 is apcn.
I have not run the file as a self-contained movie yet. I did checked to make sure the sequence didn't need to be rendered. It did not.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jan 6, 2012 at 11:43:36 am

Convert to Quicktime using the Prores codec and you'll have a much better time of things....

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]