FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layering stills with video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Messa
Layering stills with video
on Jan 3, 2012 at 2:52:39 pm

Hi there,

Another quick question - I am putting logos into the video and I was wondering if there is a way, like in Photoshop, to layer them? In Photoshop I am deleting the backgrounds of the image so all thats left is what I want, then creating a canvas the size of my project in FCP. What I am trying to achieve, is the image I've made in Photoshop to come up in the bottom corner of the video. However, whenever I put the still into the timeline in FCP it creates a background for the image and just sits on top of the video. So is there any way to layer stills and video? Thanks in advance,

George

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Layering stills with video
on Jan 3, 2012 at 3:45:27 pm

Make sure the Photoshop file is RGB, not CMYK. It should be transparent with no background.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 3, 2012 at 7:15:17 pm

And obviously, should be an actual .psd file that can carry alpha channel information, or a Tif or png even. A jpeg won't work.

Return to posts index

George Messa
on Jan 3, 2012 at 9:02:17 pm

Thanks guys, I am embarassed to admit it but I had indeed saved it as jpg, as soon as I saved it as a PNG it started working again. Thanks for the prompt replies!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 3, 2012 at 9:27:29 pm

It's often the simplest things that cause the trouble because we get careless and less methodical over time. It happens to everyone, or it WILL:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]