FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black line issue in HD footage to SD DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Surf
Black line issue in HD footage to SD DVD
on Jan 3, 2012 at 9:35:59 am

Hi there,

I recently shot a massage film against a white background and I'm having difficulties compressing the footage for use on a DVD.

The film was shot in full HD using a Canon EOS 550D then compressed using Pro Res and edited out through FCP7. So far so good.

However, when I go through the usual Compressor settings for DVD Best Quality 90 minutes I get jagged edges on the lips of the subject when she talks plus other jagged issues.

So, I did a bit of surfing and created a new Compressor setting with Frame Controls set to Resize Filters: Better / Output Fields: Same as Source and Deinterlace: Better and Adaptive Details is ticked.

However, this option is creating faint black/grey horizontal lines across the white background of my encoded film.

Any help so I can get the best settings to stop either of these happening would be greatly appreciated. For info, both versions have been used on a Sony Blu Ray player on a HD Ready LCD TV which I assumes is trying to upscale the quality.

I also tried using Larry Jordan's settings and converted into Pro Res 422 HQ first but this just created a version where half the screen was black and the other section was weird pinks and green flashes (bizarre).

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Black line issue in HD footage to SD DVD
on Jan 3, 2012 at 11:56:55 pm

You don't mention how long the video is.
But, bluray upres to HDTV will not look the best.
Have you video the SD dvd on a DVD player to a SD tv?

Have you ticked up the data rate for more quality if you have the room.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Matt Surf
on Jan 4, 2012 at 1:22:26 pm

Hi Chris,

The film is around 20 minutes long so pretty lengthy. So far, I've only played the SDVD on a Blu Ray player so yeah, will auto upscale. You're right though, perhaps I should also try it on a normal DVD player.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jan 4, 2012 at 2:24:41 pm

Ya u have a 90min preset w/20 min vid
Up the data

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]