FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering after Color Correcting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Messa
Rendering after Color Correcting
on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:12:46 pm

Hi there, I have had a look at previous topics, but this is a bit of an odd problem. I am completely self taught on FCP and still a student so I will do my best to fill you in on the info.

I am editing a video for the university's ski trip, and I have 2 sequences in the same project. On the first sequence, the quick teaser trailer, I am using the colour corrector and I can make all my correcitions and play the clips back straightaway to view the changes. So I can adjust whatever I like, play a few seconds to see how it looks, and repeat, no need to ever render. However, on the full length sequence, the second I make any changes to the colour, I have to render the clip, which takes a minute every time and is just so time consuming. This is baffling me as the two sequences are in the same project, and I'm using the same clips in both sequences. I hope this makes sense and I haven't waffled on for too long, any advice would help me immensely, thanks in advance,

George

Technical details:

- Footage shot on Canon 7D, converted to Pro Res 422 before importing into FCP.
- Video settings: Apple ProRes 422 1920x1080 25p

Return to posts index

George Messa
Re: Rendering after Color Correcting
on Jan 4, 2012 at 5:50:39 pm

I've narrowed the problem down a bit - it only happens when I open the video scopes. I can correct by eye and it doesn't ask me to render, it's only when I use the graphs to do it - which is all the time.

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening?

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: Rendering after Color Correcting
on Jan 8, 2012 at 9:17:20 am

Do both sequences have the same settings?

Are the sequence settings correct?

The sequence settings should match the clip properties.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]