FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stop Motion Trouble

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter W Thompson
Stop Motion Trouble
on Jan 1, 2012 at 9:15:37 pm

Hello,

I'm trying desperately to take a few thousand high quality jpegs, convert them to video, and edit in FCP 7. I have exported a good H264 version from Quicktime Pro 7 then converted it to Apple Pro Res in MPEG Streamclip, but once imported into FCP, the quality is very poor. The project needs to be at 15fps, which I set in Quicktime Pro 7. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: Stop Motion Trouble
on Jan 2, 2012 at 2:48:56 am

Why are you exporting H264 from Quicktime? Just go direct to ProRes from Quicktime Pro then bring it into FCP.

Eric
Blog- Video Bits

Return to posts index

Walter W Thompson
on Jan 2, 2012 at 3:32:16 am

I used the other program before I bought QuickTime pro. At any rate, still having issues with the drop in quality once it's in final cut. I shot a few thousand photos with a macro lens for a stop motion project, and the footage now looks terrible.

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Jan 2, 2012 at 9:13:21 pm

Is there a green bar above your footage in the timeline? If so, your sequence settings don't exactly match your source footage.

Also, double check that the playback quality in your timeline is not set to Low. This is on the left hand side of your timeline; there is a little arrow that says RT that is a dropdown menu with the playback options.

Eric
Blog- Video Bits

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:00:03 pm

Bring the image sequence into QT7 and export a prores QT.
Then bring that into FCP.
Drop clip onto a new sequence and make sure the settings match.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]