FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX100b to Final Cut Pro quality drop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Moore
DVX100b to Final Cut Pro quality drop
on Dec 25, 2011 at 7:18:36 am

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and very new to editing.I'm using a Panasonic DVX100b and I need to learn the proper workflow for editing in Final Cut Pro. The problem I'm having is that the imported footage is lower quality than the original camera footage. I mean, the very moment I import it I lose quality. It's not something I only notice once I'm playing the imported footage back, as others have said. I even notice it while importing. I'm shooting in 24p and I believe my FCP import settings are on Advanced Pulldown Removal because I shoot in squeeze mode (only because I read somewhere that that was good to do) I'll be honest - I don't know at all what I'm doing as far as correctly capturing my footage for best quality. If it helps to know what I'm shooting, It's basically going to be for a sketch comedy series. I'd like the quality to be as good as possible though, and preferably in 24p. But I don't understand why I'm getting an immediate quality loss upon import. I didn't really know whether to post this in the "Panasonic DVX100b" forum section or this one, so I'm posting it in both. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: DVX100b to Final Cut Pro quality drop
on Dec 26, 2011 at 12:50:38 am

If you are capturing via Firewire connected to a DV deck or to your camera - you are NOT losing any quality. DV-Firewire - is a direct digital transfer of data - no generation loss.

How are you viewing your footage?
ON an External Broadcast monitor? That would yield true image quality.

What are your sequence settings?
Do they match your footage?
DV footage on a computer screen does not look very good.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]