FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to achieve the Mystery Science theatre efect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Smith
How to achieve the Mystery Science theatre efect
on Dec 20, 2011 at 7:39:20 pm

Hi I would like to know how to make the shadow audience effect from mystery science theater. Theirs is a link below to show what I'm talking about.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How to achieve the Mystery Science theatre efect
on Dec 20, 2011 at 10:45:34 pm

The setup those guys used was very simple, from behind-the-scenes stills I once saw: a white wall or sheet, a black cardboard or foamboard cut-out of the seat back shapes, and they sat on stools or folding chairs, watching a monitor low and unseen by the camera. It's really just a big luminance key, matted and scaled. A google images each will turn up many versions of the silhouettem ready to layer into a scene, but of course, it will not have any motion.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Dec 20, 2011 at 10:48:14 pm

shoot your audience on green screen. key them over your favorite movie. then apply color correction to the audience shot and bring down your whites/mids/blacks down to zero...there you go.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:27:48 pm

You can add the chairs as an intermediate graphic layer thereby simplifying the greenscreen shoot and increasing your option in post.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]