FORUMS: list search recent posts

import to FCP or simply drag onto timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
julienne rathore
import to FCP or simply drag onto timeline?
on Dec 17, 2011 at 2:51:09 pm

Hi,

does it make any difference whether I import the clips into final cut pro or whether I just drag them onto the timeline from the finder window?

sorry, this is probably a very basic question....

julienne

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: import to FCP or simply drag onto timeline?
on Dec 17, 2011 at 4:28:48 pm

[julienne rathore] "does it make any difference whether I import the clips into final cut pro or whether I just drag them onto the timeline from the finder window?

sorry, this is probably a very basic question...."

If you don't need them to show up in the Browser, no really.

rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

julienne rathore
on Dec 17, 2011 at 8:15:21 pm

Hi Rafael,

thanks again for the answer :)

with regard to this question and the two I posted in the FCP forum:

I now have all the footage imported as AIC and as ProRes (HQ).
Some of the AIC files are heavier than their corresponding ProRes files, but I will ignore this and still use the ProRes (and never use AIC instead of ProRes!).

The time issue regarding the AIC vs ProRes files: I will attempt to ignore this and hope that upon replacement into the timeline, this will not have any effect (although I don't see how this would not affect the length of the film).

But the sequence settings in my FCP 6 have changed to fit the original clip setting = the sequence settings are in AIC :(
so, should I re-connect the media replacing the AIC files with the ProRes files and then open a new sequence having changed the sequence settings to ProRes, or should I create a new project, copy the AIC sequence into the new project, saying NO when promted to change the sequence settings to fit the settings of the clip (thereby retaining the ProRes settings), and then replace with the ProRes files?

Hope you can help!

julienne.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 18, 2011 at 1:30:55 am

[julienne rathore] "But the sequence settings in my FCP 6 have changed to fit the original clip setting = the sequence settings are in AIC :(
so, should I re-connect the media replacing the AIC files with the ProRes files and then open a new sequence having changed the sequence settings to ProRes, or should I create a new project, copy the AIC sequence into the new project, saying NO when promted to change the sequence settings to fit the settings of the clip (thereby retaining the ProRes settings), and then replace with the ProRes files?"

Duplicate the project and try to reconnect.
The sequence codec doesn't mind for reconnecting.
Once the footage is reconnected, change the sequence codec to prores.
rafel

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]