FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCE Export 9 hours?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natasha Greer
FCE Export 9 hours?
on Dec 14, 2011 at 8:16:59 pm

I'm a FCE newbie. I'm exporting a 1-hour video to QuickTime using H.264 compression multi-pass with 24 key frames at 1280x720. I started the export 3 hours ago. At the time, it said it would take 8 hours. Here we are 3 hours later and NOW it's showing that it will take 9 hours to complete. Is this normal for a 1-hour video? I'm tempted to stop it and try other settings, but I've already spent 3 hours. Help!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: FCE Export 9 hours?
on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:49:43 pm

Do you have Compressor or some sort of compressing software?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 15, 2011 at 5:48:44 pm

First of all, progess bars are really only the machine guessing, based on what it is dealing with at that second and assuming everything to come after is exactly as difficult.

Second, on a modern system, (1-3 years old, software up to date) suspect any rendering estimate of more than 1-2 hours, unless you're doing 2k and better renders of film-outs for Holywood... Abort, and go over all your settings and etc. again, because that is not really "normal".

Return to posts index

Craig Bergonzoni
on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:01:32 pm

What kind of system are you editing on? What kind of storage are you using? Are you rendering AND exporting at the same time?

Depending on the system and other variables it CAN take an extremely long time to make an H.264 of a project of that length. Answer those questions above and maybe we can point you in a different direction that might save you some time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]