FORUMS: list search recent posts

FINAL CUT PRO 7 for my brand new LION op system?!?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arielle Tayar
FINAL CUT PRO 7 for my brand new LION op system?!?!
on Dec 9, 2011 at 11:26:45 pm

HELP!

I just purchased a new macbook pro that runs on Lion for the purpose of video editing. Stupidly, I did not do my research.

I want to download final cut pro 7 onto this new computer, but there are complications. X is horrendous. I must get the old software. I know this is possible. Anybody have any suggestions?

I already tried downgrading. This is impossible because the computer was purchased with Lion.
I got the suggestion of downloading Snow Leopard onto an external harddrive and running final cut through that. How does that work, and won't it be difficult to edit footage on an additional harddrive simultaneously?

Please tell me that my purchase was not made in sheer stupidity and that attaining this program (for free) is possible.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FINAL CUT PRO 7 for my brand new LION op system?!?!
on Dec 10, 2011 at 1:39:56 am

FCP 7 will install on Lion without any problems.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Christopher Nguyen
on Dec 10, 2011 at 7:33:19 am

A little off-topic but kind of related to the question you asked...

When editing video, it is a good rule of thumb to keep all your source files on a separate "render drive". You only want to install software onto your laptop's hard drive.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 10, 2011 at 10:13:15 pm

[Arielle Tayar] "Please tell me that my purchase was not made in sheer stupidity and that attaining this program (for free) is possible."

Installing and using Final Cut Pro 7 on your laptop should be no problem, but where did you get the idea that it is free? Final Cut Suite is no longer being made or supported by Apple. AFAIK the only way to get a copy from Apple (until they run out of stock) is though a telephone order... for about $1000.00. You may be able to find it on e-Bay, but it will probably still cost a pretty penny or two. If you do find someone selling a copy for cheap, chances are it's not legal.

Have a look at Media 100.
http://www.media100.com/
I've been using it since 1995 as my main tool for editing. It's been around for a long time, very easy to learn, stable, and continues to be developed and supported by Boris FX. Download the fully functional 14-day free trial and give it a go... it may just be what you want/need.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Bill Code
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:10:31 am

Have you managed to succesfully install fcp 7? I too have made this awful error, and am also not interested in fcpx. I've been considering downgrading to snow leopard somehow. I have a copy of fcp6 I was going to install,....and now, well, shit. Very keen on hearing where you're at now! Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]