FORUMS: list search recent posts

The World's Most Basic FCP Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave George
The World's Most Basic FCP Question
on Dec 2, 2011 at 7:33:34 pm

Have you ever opened a FCP project, done nothing with it, then clicked "Close Project" and gotten the dialog box asking you if you'd like to save your changes? Why does it do that? It always scares me.

Dave George
Marketing Director

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: The World's Most Basic FCP Question
on Dec 2, 2011 at 7:51:42 pm

Turn and face the strange.

Return to posts index

Miriam Lefkowitz
on Dec 3, 2011 at 12:40:33 am

FCP also asks if you want to save your project after saving your project and immediately exiting the program. I always figured it was just being extra careful.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Dec 9, 2011 at 10:07:32 pm

I do know what your saying, you feel like WTF changed?! It's simple things like moving the playhead and maybe others like changing the active window, collapsing a bin or even if autosave, saves, FCP will want to do a save. Even though it's not a "change" in the edit. Haven't really tested for everything that does/doesn't trigger the need to save though.

I have a habit of: Open a project, move the playhead, hit command-s, begin working. I do this because long ago I misinterpreted something I read, that auto-save isn't triggered until the project has been is saved. That is definitely true for a new unsaved project but I'm pretty sure auto-save kicks in as soon as you open a project already in the works, but the habit lingers.

[Miriam Lefkowitz] "FCP also asks if you want to save your project after saving your project and immediately exiting the program. I always figured it was just being extra careful."

Not if you hit the shortcuts, command-s (or option-command-s for multiple open projects) then immediately command-q. At least in my experience, thats how I quit FCP: cmd-s, -q. If you move the playhead after saving, FCP wants to save that "change".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]