FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with export with Change Speed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Li
Problems with export with Change Speed
on Dec 1, 2011 at 12:46:47 am

So straight to the point, I have a few difference sequences, all of which include a couple of clips where I changed the speed within FCP. During playback within FCP, the whole sequence plays just fine. Upon export of each sequence, the video when played for some reason doesn't show the clip that had "Change Speed" used on it.

It just freezes on the last frame of the clip that is before the sped up clip, plays the audio of the sped up clip, then continues on with the rest of the video with no problems.

I know it's a problem with the Change Speed option because it happened in all of the exports. Does anyone know why & can help me out?

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Problems with export with Change Speed
on Dec 1, 2011 at 7:27:59 am

Have to say I dont know why this happens I have not heard of this before straight from FCP.
Has everything rendered OK before you exported ?

A quick work around would be to bake the sections that are speed changed. Just export the sections of the sequence that are speed changed as self contained Quicktime movies then re-import them and just replace them. They then become just "standard" clips rather than speed changed and they should export fine.

Other than that I might try the usual restarts and preference trash but cant be sure it would fix that one.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Brian Li
Re: Problems with export with Change Speed
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:24:58 pm

Yeah, I was saving that for my last option but it seems it's become my only option. Have been doing restarts, seeing if anything needed rendering, etc & nothing works. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]