FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported video plays a different part of the source clip to the part in the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Fairey
Exported video plays a different part of the source clip to the part in the timeline
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:52:43 pm

Hi guys.

Here's my problem - I am editing a video which is made of screen captures of a website (some of them jazzed up a bit in motion). However, when I export the film, one of the clips in the sequence plays the section about 20 seconds before what i selected in the Viewer.

Everything plays absolutely fine in the timeline, but exporting the sequence, either through FCP or Compressor results in the undesired footage ending up in the exported .mov.

The capture software I used is iShowU HD. I am using FCP 7 and exporting using a range of codecs including ProRes and H.264 to a .mov format.

I have tried a range of cludges like shifting the problematic section into a new timeline, exporting it individually and reinserting it, but with no success.

Does anyone have any advice, or any experience with similar problems? I'd really appreciate some help here!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Exported video plays a different part of the source clip to the part in the timeline
on Nov 29, 2011 at 6:55:36 pm

If you have any clips that are MP4 or h264 or M2V you must transcode them to one of the realtime FCP codecs before editing.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]