FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Bistrong
Rendering Error
on Nov 28, 2011 at 6:43:15 pm

I've been working on this project for a month--everything has been smooth; suddenly, today, when I try to render I get an error that reads: File Error: Unknown File

I have tried saving, opening and closing the project, and even other projects to no avail. All media is on-line.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jared Bistrong

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
Re: ndering Error
on Nov 28, 2011 at 7:26:17 pm

What version of fcp are you using?

-Grant Gomm
http://www.grantgomm.com

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 28, 2011 at 7:52:03 pm

Thanks Grant. . .sorry!

FCP 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:11:22 am

Still haven't got this figured out. Very strange! I opened up several different projects--but still getting the same error. Can't find anything about this error anywhere. . .hmmmm.

Return to posts index

Zoe Weslowski
Re: Rendering Error
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:00:06 am

I know this message, I have gotten this before. I was not able to open up my project at all. However, I was not that far into my project when I started having that problem. So, I made copies of the project as I worked - pretty much every time I did an edit sequence, I made a copy. This was NOT the optimal way to work, however, I was able to open a prior saved copy and work from there. I had to delete the project I was working on, as it was not possible to do anything with it. I hope you found a better way/or resolution to this. Were you able to re-open, recover???

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:32:43 pm

The project and others are all opening fine. . .when I go to render is when I get the error: "File Error: Unknown File". . .very frustrating.

Return to posts index

Zoe Weslowski
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:52:43 pm

OK, have you tried saving a duplicate copy and opening from that copy and then trying your rendering there? I'm just suggesting that as that's exactly what I had to do.

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 29, 2011 at 7:25:08 pm

Zoe. . .yes, thanks. I tried making a copy. . .still nothing. I've opened up projects that have nothing to do with this and have even started new ones. . .No rendering. . .weird. It was working fine two days ago. . .

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 29, 2011 at 8:20:05 pm

I seemed to have got it working. . .I changed the location of the scratch disks. . .which I'm not entirely happy about. . .but well, I'm up and working. . .thanks!!

Return to posts index

Zoe Weslowski
on Nov 29, 2011 at 8:31:03 pm

Man, Final Cut is full of surprises....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]