FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I tell FCP to keep audio as I recorded it?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nino Cucic
How do I tell FCP to keep audio as I recorded it?
on Nov 27, 2011 at 9:42:07 am

Hi guys and gals,
I've been digging through the topics but couldn't find a solution for my problem.
I work as a videographer for a TV station. All the packages we create have to have separated audio for VO and talky-type sounds (left) vs. atmosphere, music or effects (right channel). Why the hell does FCP mix absolutely everything down by default? I recorded my journalist on the left channel, I want to keep it left. The traffic or crowd noise is recorded (on-cam mic) on the right channel, I don't want it across both channels.

Is there a way to keep channels separate by default? It was a part of sequence settings in Edius, so whenever I created a new project or sequence, I'd have the tracks' pan settings preset to my liking. How do I do that with FCP? And no, I don't consider manually panning clips a solution. :)

Thanks,
Nino

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: How do I tell FCP to keep audio as I recorded it?
on Nov 27, 2011 at 7:28:04 pm

This should not be a problem. What are you shooting to?
P2?
Tape?
2 or 4 channels?

If you have 2 tracks of Audio in the sequence. They both play in both channels. If you mute the right channel - you will hear VO clean.
So, lower the level of track 2. Or PAN track one all the way left. (You have to go back out to tape?) And pan nat all the way right.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Nino Cucic
Re: How do I tell FCP to keep audio as I recorded it?
on Nov 28, 2011 at 10:14:55 am

We ingest from sxs cards, (Sony ex3, records 2 channels of audio), and we output to hd mov files and transfer over the net, but nevermind that, since I figured it out about three and a half minutes after posting the question :)
Sequence settings, audio tab, set dual mono instead of stereo, voila!

Thanks anyway, now I'm off to contemplate suicide, elections coming up this weekend :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]