FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting via Compressor to YouTube-no sound???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erick Puentes
Exporting via Compressor to YouTube-no sound???
on Nov 24, 2011 at 5:04:17 pm

I'm exporting my FCP7 project via Compressor and I chose the YouTube preset. When it exports and I play on my computer i can see and hear everything perfectly. The problem is when I upload to YouTube and try listening to the video on iPhone, all my video tracks have no sound but the intro and outro .aiff's i imported play just fine. Am I doing something wrong??

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Exporting via Compressor to YouTube-no sound???
on Nov 24, 2011 at 5:18:23 pm

No. You are not doing anything wrong. IF you listen to the newly compressed file after you create a youtube ready file and it sounds fine.
Before upload.

The prob. is with youtube or mobile device playing.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Erick Puentes
on Nov 27, 2011 at 5:14:13 am

Then what is the reason for some YouTube videos playing just fine via a mobile devices and others or rather mine not playing? I did notice that the imported ".aiff" file that I import for my intro & outro sounds just fine but any original audio from my video tracks don't play. It's got to be a setting or something I'm doing wrong with the export process. At least that's the only thing I can think of. Any ideas???

Thx!
~e

Return to posts index

Danny Miller
on May 19, 2012 at 9:55:52 pm

Aloha, I am having the same problem you were having... some of my audio does not play back when my youtube video is played on a i-phone! Were you able to solve the problem? Any help would be great!
Danny

Return to posts index

Erick Puentes
on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:42:46 pm

I haven't "reailly" solved the problem. We did notice that when playing the videos on the Macbook Pros that if the system volume was set to center (0), then it would only play mono, but when you moved to +1 or -1 then the stereo would kick in. Apparently this is a hardware glitch on the MacBooks. As far as other systems, it was totally random. Some systems Windows or Macs, would play the audio just fine and others would have no sound at all. I still don't know what the mystery was and have gotten no answers from anyone. The only thing I've narrowed it down to was the audio from my video clips. I just don't know how that audio differs from the other audio. I still would love to get some sort of explanation, because I'm at a loss. I'm using a Canon ViXiA HF S200 with a Lavalier Mic. It's mostly interviews and product demos. I believe it's being recorded in stereo because it shows up that way when imported and it sounds great when played through FCP 7. Any help would be appreciated.

~Erick

Return to posts index

Wendy Snyder
on Mar 17, 2014 at 4:05:59 am

Erik….were you ever able to bet to the bottom of this problem? This is EXACTLY what has just happened to us. Perhaps Apple has an answer? in FCPX, the sound is perfect. Exporting .mov on computer is perfect. Exported to YouTube… relatively ok….but on ipad, at volume on high, it is barely audible. On iphone, there is no video audio, only the music, which is distorted. Would love to know if you were able to find out more on this. Many Thanks. W

Return to posts index

Erick Puentes
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:49:45 pm

Yes, I solved this a while back but since then have moved on to FCP X.

It's not a compressor issue but rather within Final Cut Pro.

The first thing I did was go up to my "sequence settings" under Sequence menu. Then in the "audio outputs" tab make sure that your downmix is set to "0" and groupings is set to "stereo". In my case and most likely your case, the grouping is set to "dual mono". This was the main issue.

After I made that change, I went to my clip audio in the sequence and deleted one of the "stereo" tracks and made sure the remaining tracks was panned to "0". You might have to bump up the gain/volume on that single track BUT now you shouldn't have an issue with audio.

Return to posts index

Wendy Snyder
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:33:55 pm

Erik, so happy to hear from you…thank you for writing back. This short film was cut in FCP X. Perhaps I forgot to mention that…so I am not familiar with "sequence settings" under Sequence menu.

The audio is set to STEREO on all the synched footage. And the audio level is at "0". The music track is at -23….but it is only the music that we hear on the iphone…no synched audio.

As I said, on the computer in .mov or uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo and viewed on the computer…the sound levels are perfect. On the iphone, the sound levels are perfect…it's just that the volume is low even when at the ipad's highest output. And on the iphone, as I said…the music is loud…but not audio from the synched sound.

Your thoughts??

Return to posts index

Wendy Snyder
on Mar 18, 2014 at 10:19:43 pm

Erik, so happy to hear from you…thank you for writing back. This short film was cut in FCP X. Perhaps I forgot to mention that…so I am not familiar with "sequence settings" under Sequence menu.

The audio is set to STEREO on all the synched footage. And the audio level is at "0". The music track is at -23….but it is only the music that we hear on the iphone…no synched audio.

As I said, on the computer in .mov or uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo and viewed on the computer…the sound levels are perfect. On the iphone, the sound levels are perfect…it's just that the volume is low even when at the ipad's highest output. And on the iphone, as I said…the music is loud…but not audio from the synched sound.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]