FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is a finalcut worthy MacBook Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Lake
What is a finalcut worthy MacBook Pro?
on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:44:45 am

Ive finally made some money through being self employed, and I am keen to pick up a MacBook Pro. Money is still an object and I wanted to know what the best set up would be to get Final Cut running well (especially with render time and exports, right now on my iMac I am wasting a lot of time waiting for exports to finish up). Im working almost exclusively in DVCPROHD and PROres.

Is it possible to get a good set up going without having to pay out for all the bells and whistles?

Steve

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: What is a finalcut worthy MacBook Pro?
on Nov 24, 2011 at 5:04:51 pm

I think a new iMac will out perform a MBP but the general rule of thumb here is buy the most power you can afford.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: What is a finalcut worthy MacBook Pro?
on Nov 25, 2011 at 9:40:11 am

It depends what iMac you currently have, but Chris is correct above, you get a LOT more for your money with a new iMac, in terms of power as well as a few other things. If you really does need to be a Macbook pro, any will technically do, as the new cores are all pretty good, especially for 'consumer' grade stuff, however (again as Chris has said) always get the most you can within your budget if you are an editor. IMO if this means saving another 3 months to get even 0.2Ghz more processor power, its usually worth it (the Processor is really what takes care of the rendering).

Tom Morter-Laing
Editor
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010

------------------------------
Thanks if you can help :D
------------------------------

Equipment (not for 'bragging', but in case it's relevant to future posts :D): Canon 7D, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], G-Tech G-RAID 2TB (soon to be over eSata!). Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]