FORUMS: list search recent posts

My project won't open - stops at reading 2%

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Astriod Larsen
My project won't open - stops at reading 2%
on Nov 22, 2011 at 4:20:11 pm

Hi great community...

I have a project that I've been working on in FCP 6. I recently copied it and open the copied version on FCP 7 on another machine.

When I now went back to my machine and try to open the old original project on FCP 6 it freezes while opening the project at 'reading 2 %'.

I've tried to delete all render files and trash preferences, but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm working on a macbook pro Mac OS X 10.5.8

I'm desperate here and really hope someone has any advice? I assume the problem is that the media has now been linked to FCP 7 or something relating to that?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: My project won't open - stops at reading 2%
on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:57:19 pm

If you made a copy of your project and then opened that copy on a different machine it should not have had any effect on the original copy.

If it is permanently stuck while trying to open it then it does seem that it has become corrupt in some way but may not be connected to what you did.

You have a couple of options though. First check your vault for a back-up copy. Hopefully you have an autosave that represents your finished edit.

If for some reason that is not possible then if you can go back to the FCP 7 machine again with your media, hopefully that project is OK. Use that to export an XML file.

You can then open that XML in FCP 6.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]