FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you make final cut show which clips on the timeline are from the same master clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james cee
Can you make final cut show which clips on the timeline are from the same master clip?
on Nov 20, 2011 at 6:07:57 pm

I would like some way to distinguish which clips on my sequence are from the same master clip at a glance. This is for showreel editing so I'd like to be able to think, "I'd like to show some more of this project, where else have I used it and what part?" and be able to see that right away. I know there's something like this that shows duplicate sections of a clip with a blue underline on the timeline but I'm just looking to distinguish anything on the timeline that's from the same master.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Can you make final cut show which clips on the timeline are from the same master clip?
on Nov 20, 2011 at 8:44:55 pm

I dont think there us a really simple "at a glance" way of doing this however you can apply colour labels to your clips but you are limited to the 5 colour presets.

I am pretty sure there are no options to display any other info in the timeline other than those that are optional under the track display settings in timeline options.

You can drag all of the clips in the timeline to a bin - just select all and drag. That will give you a list of whats actually in your timeline. You could potentially use that but its not really "at a glance"

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Can you make final cut show which clips on the timeline are from the same master clip?
on Nov 20, 2011 at 11:25:46 pm

Command-f to bring up the find box, type in the name of the master clip, click find all. Every clip in the timeline with the name of the master clip will be highlighted.

Does that do what you want?

Return to posts index

james cee
on Nov 26, 2011 at 7:59:35 pm

Wow that's a good idea. I'll see how well that works out. Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]