FORUMS: list search recent posts

Griffin Powermate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Griffin Powermate
on Nov 10, 2011 at 12:51:45 am

Anybody program one of these Griffin Powermate's as a jog wheel for FCP? If so, what programming commands did you give it to replicate a jog/shuttle like on a FCP keyboard for example? I have snow leopard and FCP7 if that makes a difference.

Return to posts index

roger oliveira
Re: Griffin Powermate
on May 28, 2012 at 2:52:41 am

Hi Craig... I've been searching the internet and so far I haven't found anything about it.

I own one of those powermate but I didn't manage to program it properly.

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on May 28, 2012 at 9:04:47 pm

Thanks Roger. I have not found anything to make the Griffin replicate the jog/shuttle on the editing keyboard that I have. I really like my Mac keyboard over the clunky one on the editing keyboard not to mention the space savings. The Griffin wheel feels excellent and takes up no space. Too bad I couldn't make it work. If I find anything out, I'll pass the info on to you.

Return to posts index

altre scoperte
on Jul 11, 2012 at 11:37:05 am

hi Craig, I think I can help you
my Griffin was staying there unused and now it does best work with FCP7
- you should download the driver from Griffin http://www.griffintechnology.com/support/powermate/
the 2.1 version, works best, even on Snow
- after installation you shoul see the Powermate icon on your taskbar
- on the left of the setting window you choose your application: FCP
- on the right you set the action for the movements, for example turn right: scroll right. You can even set the speed of scrolling. That is what someone needs. Toghether with a Kensington expert mouse, for color correction, and a full programmable Ergodex keyboard, editing becomes an ergonomic pleasure.Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]