FORUMS: list search recent posts

all rendered stuff causes drop frame warnings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Powers
all rendered stuff causes drop frame warnings
on Nov 9, 2011 at 11:43:04 pm

all rendered stuff causes drop frame warnings and when I export it as QTmovie the transitions go berserk on playback fc6 newbie HELP!!!!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: all rendered stuff causes drop frame warnings
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:28:33 am

Drop frames doesn't necessarily means that your movie has something wrong. normally means that your system is not fast enough to read the movie in real time.
A too high data-rate file and an slow HD is the most habitual reason.
What size/codec and what storage are you using?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Steve Powers
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:36:53 pm

Thanks Rafael! The files I'm using have a bit rate at about 41,000. Shot with Canon 5d Mark II. They are on a seagate 3T firewire 800 drive. I'm using an iMac intel core 2 Duo, 2.93 GHz processor speed, 4GB ram. Final Cut 6. The sequence preset is: DV NTSC 48kHz Anamorphic. So is capture. The sequence is basically done with just a few dissolves, one wipe and basic graphics. About 8min. long. Its a volunteer charity project I'm doing and is due Wednesday. I need to make a dvd and mpg version. I'm an old news shooter used to rot gut slash and cut Newscutter stuff the tech people set up. Any help would be VERY appreciated! Steve

Return to posts index

Steve Powers
on Nov 10, 2011 at 5:01:20 pm

I forgot to add that the codec on the files is: H.264, Linear PCM The bit rate was under audio. thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Powers
on Nov 10, 2011 at 5:33:21 pm

Thanks Rafael! The files I'm using have a bit rate at about 41,000. codecs: H.264, Linear PCM. Shot with Canon 5d Mark II. They are on a seagate 3T firewire 800 drive. I'm using an iMac intel core 2 Duo, 2.93 GHz processor speed, 4GB ram. Final Cut 6. The sequence preset is: DV NTSC 48kHz Anamorphic. So is capture. The sequence is basically done with just a few dissolves, one wipe and basic graphics. About 8min. long. Its a volunteer charity project I'm doing and is due Wednesday. I need to make a dvd and mpg version. I'm an old news shooter used to rot gut slash and cut Newscutter stuff the tech people set up. Any help would be VERY appreciated! Steve

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 11, 2011 at 1:03:29 am

Hi Steve,
H264 should never be broth to FC, is not supported and may cause any kind of issues.
in the other hand editing that as DV you are destroying the picture.
Have a look to this:
http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

and edit in a Prores sequence.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]