FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capitalizing efficiency with 2 computers

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vinnie Urgo
Capitalizing efficiency with 2 computers
on Nov 8, 2011 at 12:17:44 am

I just ordered a 27"imac and FCP studio 2 software. I currently have a macbook pro 2.53ghz intel core 2 duo and a external monitor.

Curious how to go about working with FCP suite with 2 computers. Not sure if there are any real benefits to this? But I'll have both setups and they will both have the same fcp software perhaps I can use one to render while I work on the other? (Although I just read that you may have to re-render on different computers)

Sidenote
I have 2 drives for editing purposes is there a way to send all your render files/thumbnail/waveform/and autosave files directly to 2 drives at once?

Vinnie Urgo
Photo and Video Professional
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Capitalizing efficiency with 2 computers
on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:53:58 am

First off, you cannot install one copy of FCS on both machines. Well, you CAN, but you cannot run them at the same time. Copyright protection will stop that.

Second, you cannot open the same project on two machines at the same time. Well, you CAN, but it won't act like you think it will. IN fact, do that and most likely you'll crash, or corrupt the project file, or both.

There is no way to use two machines on the same project...much less with the same copy of the software.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
Re: Capitalizing efficiency with 2 computers
on Nov 11, 2011 at 12:03:31 am

Final Cut aside, can you hook up both computers together? For instance work in photoshop or motion on the macbook and be able to send exported files to the iMac running FCP via firewire, etc. Basically freeing up workload on both computers? That's kind of what I was asking, no real need to have FCP open 2 at a time.

Thanks!

Vinnie Urgo
Photo and Video Professional
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]