FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moire Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johannes johannesen
Moire Problem
on Oct 31, 2011 at 11:28:56 pm

hello,
i have some footage i shot with a 5d which has very horrible moire on it. i tried blurring the footage to an extend, however, that's not really working for me right now.
the footsge is in pro res 422. PLEASE HELP!!!!
thanks
Johannes

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Moire Problem
on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:47:06 am

Google "Marvels DSLR Moire Filter".
I havent tried my self but may helps you.rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Moire Problem
on Nov 1, 2011 at 5:49:13 pm

ya, it's baked into the footage, not a lot you can do after the fact.
You can mask the problem area and only blur (slightly) that.

But the best is to avoid the situation that causes it while shooting.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

randall martin
Moire
on Nov 8, 2011 at 4:01:56 pm

I have submitted this problem to Adobe forums with no satisfactory answer. I am not a professional, so can use help.

Video Camera: Canon hmf 41, filming in auto mode, (MXP), 1920x1080(i ?). Mts files from video camera copied to hard drive, imported into CS5, Premiere and After Effects.

Conditions. black background, room lighting from above (incandescent chandelier), extra light thru windows; "test" subject has yellow shirt with criss-cross , blue, white and red stripes; "real" subject: purple patterned shirt, no glasses.

Plays PERFECTLY to TV from camera: i.e., hdmi from camera to TV.

Then: Bad Moire problem with Premiere and After Effects (Vista 64 or Win 7) on both computer monitor and same TV set, particularly for the test subject. The effects are not simply on the shirt, but also on the glasses frame. No moire with media player 12 on Win 7 computer. Moire does not appear in a single frame export from Premiere.

A software problem? All presets still produce moire. Modifying interlacing properties does nothing. Gaussian blur reduces some of it, but I don't like the results.

Exporting the 1920 x 1080 mts file to mxf format, progressive, eliminates moire, but reduces it to 1440 x 1080.

Questions. Since I plan to be conducting many interviews, I would like to eliminate the moiré to begin with, so don't have to export, etc. There will be enough editing as it is. What are the consequences of the reduction from 1920 to 1440? It seems that keeping 1920 would be better.

I don't see how blaming the camera and the subject's clothing are satisfactory answers to the problem, because the direct connection from the camera to the TV does not show the problem. And also because some software works OK, i.e, media player 12, and exported mxf format works OK with Adobe CS5.

Thanks very much for any help!!!

Return to posts index

randall martin
Re: Moire
on Nov 8, 2011 at 4:27:16 pm

sorry to be in the wrong forum!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]