FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewer only shows master clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Mahon
Viewer only shows master clip
on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:28:34 pm

Hi,
When I double click on a clip in the timeline, the Viewer shows me the Master clip, not the clip as it is in the sequence. How can I change this please?

Thanks,
Ben

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Viewer only shows master clip
on Oct 27, 2011 at 10:45:08 pm

When you double click in the timeline the clip is loaded into the viewer with an in and out point marked that show the portion of the clip you have used. It is then ready to add filters change size etc etc

If you just want to match the clip instead just use the match frame button which is the "F" key.

When you say "the clip in the sequence" do you mean literally the section you have used and no more ?

Not quite sure why you would want that so apologies I may be misunderstanding you, but other than that what would you like to change it to ?

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Ben Mahon
on Oct 27, 2011 at 11:12:17 pm

I guess I'm used to being able to scrub through a clip in the viewer with increased accuracy because the playhead can run the whole length of the Viewer. If the master clip had a long duration but the in and out points were only a few seconds or frames apart, that would rule out being able to scrub through your clip with any accuracy.

It exists on the machine I use at work, just can't get it to work on mine at home.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Oct 27, 2011 at 11:37:05 pm

Sorry Ben dont think I can help you with that to be honest.

But just so I know I am understanding you - Are you saying that on your work machine when you double click on any clip in the timeline the clip that is loaded in the viewer is only what is on the timeline - no frames either side at all ?

If thats the case I would have said you are looking at consolidated media rather than full rushes.

I am not aware of being able to change the double click function.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Jakob Fuhr
on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:45:27 pm

hey,
I have the exact same problem. Did you find a way to fix it?
best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]