FORUMS: list search recent posts

blu ray compressor; drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
theo peeters
blu ray compressor; drive
on Oct 27, 2011 at 3:37:22 pm

When I try to burn a blu ray disk in the compressor, I got this message:
The disc cannot be created because another application is using the drive.

I tried it several times, always the same.
I put a mov. in the compressor

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: blu ray compressor; drive
on Oct 27, 2011 at 10:49:37 pm

Ok silly question by me - what drive are you using as I am pretty sure that no Mac has a BluRay burner as standard so have you replaced the stock drive or are you using an external BluRay drive ?

Can you give a little more info about what you are doing in terms of file formats etc

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

theo peeters
on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:30:37 am

I do not have an external drive, so it seems it does not work with my mac (mac pro osx 10.6.8 )?
Also dvd studio pro does not have the possibility to use blu ray it seems. Strange for a professional program.
I have a hdv quick time film 3,05 GB of 15 minutes

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Oct 28, 2011 at 5:51:28 pm

You probably need an external Blu Ray burner if you haven't replaced the mac internal drive with one. Many are out there and for about a hundred or so dollars. Beyond that, what you are trying to do is a bit more involved than popping in a blank Blu Ray and getting it to burn a Blu Ray movie. You could get the info you need if you give some specific info on what you are trying to do.

Regards

Return to posts index

theo peeters
on Oct 28, 2011 at 7:22:16 pm

Thanks for the info.
I need to make a blu ray with a menu.
Anyone an idea wether dvd studio pro will have the possibility to burn on blu ray in the future?

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Oct 28, 2011 at 7:34:12 pm

No way to predict what newer versions of FCP will hold. I have FCP7 and was hoping that the newest FCP release would evolve to become more Blu Ray friendly. They have decided to go another route. With that in mind, a BluRay can be made using an external drive and Toast 10 with some work arounds. The menu's are really not great but I am extremely happy with the viewing results of my Blu Ray endeavors. Search the posts. All your answers are here somewhere. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:00:29 pm

Hi Theo

Sorry to say Apple has stopped developing DVD Studio "Pro" so I dont think you are ever going to be able to use it to burn BluRay.

I think its also fair to say that Apple are not fans of BluRay so I would not hold your breath about being able to do anything menu driven too soon.

You would certainly need to buy an external BluRay drive or replace the one you have in any event.

Then look around for software that suits your needs and budget.

Might want to look at things like Toast or Adobe Encore, which is part of Premiere Pro.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 29, 2011 at 3:39:37 am

Use the SEARCH in this forum. There is a lot of info on how to do it.
You can do it with Toast although the Menu options are limited.
I think more people uses Adobe Encore.
For more pro authoring you will need to go to a PC.
Anyway you will need a BR Burner.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]