FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I look at a clip in the viewer, is there anyway to tell how far into it the in-point is?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
When I look at a clip in the viewer, is there anyway to tell how far into it the in-point is?
on Oct 23, 2011 at 7:16:58 am

I'm working on a project, and some of the transcripts never had the timecode changed to reflect the timecode of the movie file in FCP. So, when I look at these transcripts, they all start from 00:00:00;00 even though the interview could have started at any time code point.

I want to be able to quickly search the viewer for certain dialogue, and I am wondering if there is any way to make an in-point somewhere and then look to see how far into the clip it is? The one work around I've found for this is to take that same point, make it an end point and then make the starting point the beginning of the clip. but if i can avoid doing that, id like to.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: When I look at a clip in the viewer, is there anyway to tell how far into it the in-point is?
on Oct 23, 2011 at 8:44:54 am

You have transcoded the clips without the original TC track, so no way to know to which original material belong.

[Noam Osband] "I want to be able to quickly search the viewer for certain dialogue, and I am wondering if there is any way to make an in-point somewhere and then look to see how far into the clip it is? The one work around I've found for this is to take that same point, make it an end point and then make the starting point the beginning of the clip. but if i can avoid doing that, id like to."
In the upper right corner of the viewer you have the time point where you are.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]