FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I Transfer a License to Buy A Friend's FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Molly Blank
Can I Transfer a License to Buy A Friend's FCP 7
on Oct 21, 2011 at 9:04:59 am

I only have FCP 6.0.6. I don't feel ready for FCP X but I want to upgrade. A friend has said that I can purchase his FCP 7 but I want to be sure we do it on the up and up, especially because I would want to get the software updates to make it as updated as possible. Is there a way for me to purchase it from him and he transfers the license to me? If this is the case, can he still work on old projects created wtih that FCP 7?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Can I Transfer a License to Buy A Friend's FCP 7
on Oct 21, 2011 at 10:41:04 pm

You can buy your friends FCP and he needs to give you the licence. However he is then no longer the license holder so he should uninstall the software.

If he continued to use the software after giving up the license he is then technically running the software illegally.

You should be able to get upgrades as long as they are available.

Here is the paragraph from the Apple License:

"
3. Transfer. You may not rent, lease, lend or sublicense the Apple Software. You may, however, make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your license rights to the Apple Software to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include all of the Apple Software, including all its component parts, original media, printed materials and this License; (b) you do not retain any copies of the Apple Software, full or partial, including copies stored on a computer or other storage device; and (c) the party receiving the Apple Software reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License. All components of the Apple Software are provided as part of a bundle and may not be separated from the bundle and distributed as standalone applications.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Can I Transfer a License to Buy A Friend's FCP 7
on Oct 22, 2011 at 11:44:46 am

Right.
And on installation you should connect and register the copy again.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]