FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP plays out of sync when returnign from another program or render.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Lee
FCP plays out of sync when returnign from another program or render.
on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:01:35 pm

I recently bought a brand new 27" iMac with a 3.4ghz i7 and 12GB of RAM I installed later.

Final Cut 7 seems to work just fine except that:

Once I have FCP open and editing, if I jump to another piece of software, render something or do just about anything else on my computer, when I return to FCP the audio plays out of sync by a second or two. The moment I stop playback and start again it is all back in sync.

I first noticed it when rendering titles with a drop shadow. I did a full render on the titles so it would play back smoothly in the timeline. The first time I played it it was out of sync. I played it again and it was fine. So it doesn't seem to be a processor issue. It looks like something is trying to catch up bu can't.

It is not actually knocking it out of sync because if I pause it then play again it is all right there playing back in sync. It is driving be bonkers because now just about every time I jump into FCP i have to double tap the space bar to know if my audio is in sync.

I have searched and found no one with the same issue. I do not know if it is a Lion thing, a i7 thing, RAM, or what. ANYONE???

Nathan

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCP plays out of sync when returnign from another program or render.
on Oct 20, 2011 at 8:02:27 pm

If you have any gaps in your timeline fill them with slug. Unfilled gaps can cause the lack of sync.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Nathan Lee
Re: FCP plays out of sync when returnign from another program or render.
on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:21:27 pm

Could it possibly be a GPU issue? I have a AMD Radeon HD 6970M which should be fine but just wondering.

Nathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]