FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using FCP with AE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Falcon
Using FCP with AE
on Oct 15, 2011 at 11:54:16 pm

I am embarrassed for posting this question but I am in a bind and need some help.

I have been editing on FCP 7 for the last few years and know it quite well. However, I am now using After Effects CS5.5 that came with my Master Suite. I have never used After Effects so I am very new to this product.

I am editing my short film and I have a clip that I want to use Twitch in After Effects on. Here is my problem:

I want to take the sequence from FCP to After Effects, use Twitch and then bring it back to FCP to finish the edit and do all of my exports. I thought of using Adobe Premier to edit, but to be honest I am more comfortable using FCP. I searched here and many suggest using either Automatic Duck or Boris Transfer. I can't buy Duck as it is no longer for sale right now and Boris Transfer is too much.

How do I take my sequence from FCP, get it into After Effects, use twitch and send it back to FCP?

Anyone help would be appreciated. I am on a tight timeline for this project to get it turned in to a festival by the beginning of November.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Using FCP with AE
on Oct 16, 2011 at 12:52:52 pm

Do you need ALL your clips in AE?

You can export a ref file to the desktop.

Import that into AE.
Do you work and render out same codec/size/frame rate.

OR

Export just the clip(s) you want to work on in AE.

Drop the clip into a new sequence by itself.

File export "current settings" ref file is fine.

Import into AE, do you work/effects.

Render out matching the same clip specs.
import into FCP, copy replace content on the old clip in the edited piece.

Make sense?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

James Falcon
Re: Using FCP with AE
on Oct 16, 2011 at 6:20:50 pm

Thank you. I got it to work. I appreciate it and thank you. After this project, I'm going to take a week and learn AE forwards and backwards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]