FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 audio output?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erick Puentes
FCP 7 audio output?
on Oct 14, 2011 at 8:14:50 pm

I'm having an issue with audio output. When working in FCP 7, if I have my headphones plugged in via the line out, the audio sounds great BUT if I plug in a pair of USB speaker or just try to listen to the audio out of the computers speaker (Mac Pro), I get nothing or rather something VERY low and distorted. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

Thank you!

~Erick P.

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
Re: FCP 7 audio output?
on Oct 15, 2011 at 12:43:26 am

Check you audio out settings. This means the audio out in final cut and the audio out in your system preferences.

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videographer

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Oct 15, 2011 at 10:32:09 am

IMO the computer's speaker is useless for proper sound monitoring so that's pretty much normal. USB connected speakers can be ok if they're high quality ones, but the usual little desktop speakers are pretty useless. IMO it's easier to find workable speakers at low(ish) cost by getting a basic USB to audio adapter and some low end monitor speakers. I picked up a discounted pair of Behringer MS16 speakers a couple of years ago and connect them via a Griffin imic - I wouldn't like to mix anything on them (when I mix I usually listen through LS3/5a or Genelecs, but more often I'll be exporting an omfi for a pro to do it) but they're fine for just hearing what's on the track.

Return to posts index

Justin Evidon
on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:44:55 pm

I just started in on a new project in FCP 7 and 4 of the 6 audio tracks sound great, the other two are fine through my headphones but terrible through the speakers. Exported the whole project and it sounds terrible on my machine at home too...

Will be investigating further tomorrow morning, but it sure is strange that only one track would sound distorted as opposed to all audio tracks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]