FORUMS: list search recent posts

quicktime error 0

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
quicktime error 0
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:38:20 am

I've already burned this project no problem 3 weeks ago, went to burn another disc and compressor fails in the encode and gives me the quicktime error 0 code. I've searched posts and find it common for there to be some sort of corruption in the timeline. Is there a way to find out the specific spot in the timeline that is corrupt? I don't see anything in compressor to lead me there.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: quicktime error 0
on Oct 14, 2011 at 1:38:25 am

[Craig Johnson] "I've already burned this project no problem 3 weeks ago, went to burn another disc and compressor fails in the encode and gives me the quicktime error 0 code. I've searched posts and find it common for there to be some sort of corruption in the timeline. Is there a way to find out the specific spot in the timeline that is corrupt? I don't see anything in compressor to lead me there."
So don't "Send to Compressor". Export your time-line as a self contained movie and import that one to Compressor.

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Oct 14, 2011 at 1:51:18 am

I suspect that might work and will try it in the morning after this project. Still would like to know why. Is there a feature that shows a point of failure?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:43:23 pm

If you are able to render and export the time-line without problem, then shouldn't be nothing media-related.
If fails to export a self-contained, then yes, you can think about some time-line element (no necessary media: for example round tripping to Motion used to cause this kind of issues).
So I would start by rendering the time-line.
When there is some offending element, normally the app would crash always at the same point (and rendering time). The way to find the point is by rendering the time line in pieces, not all at once, and try to isolate the clip. Then you can try putting that media off-line and see who things work without that.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]