FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic audio question: if i plan with panning in the timeline, does that mean it'll play different on the left and right once I export it as a QT file?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Basic audio question: if i plan with panning in the timeline, does that mean it'll play different on the left and right once I export it as a QT file?
on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:25:31 am

I'm editing clips in the timeline. Sometimes, in interviews, I want to use primarily one channel of audio, so I pan to favor that channel. When I'm listening in my headphones, it gets tilted to one side. That said, in the final product, I want that level of sound, but I dont want it unequally distributed between the left and the right. I worry this doesnt make sense.

Essentially, I'm panning in the timeline to compensate for my audio setup, but I want the final product to sound as if it was panned centered.

That being the case, am I doing this wrong in the timeline? Do I want to, instead, divide the two channels and, once they are not linked anymore, adjust the level of each clip but, since it's only one channel/track of audio, keep it panned to the center?

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Basic audio question: if i plan with panning in the timeline, does that mean it'll play different on the left and right once I export it as a QT file?
on Oct 5, 2011 at 8:47:15 pm

Yes, you need the tracks to be separate rather than a stereo pair. If you highlight a stereo pair in the timeline and press Option and L together that'll unlink the tracks, then you can set the pan and levels separately for the two tracks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]