FORUMS: list search recent posts

RENDERING issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Schramm
RENDERING issues
on Oct 3, 2011 at 3:51:19 pm

My job is to convert any ASF or AVI video files to MOV files so that I can edit them in Final Cut Pro (version 7.0.3)

In the past, there have been little to no problems with rendering, however, lately when I import the converted MOV file in to the timeline, FCP prompts a thick line render which takes multiple hours.

Is there anything that has been changed in the settings of FCP which would prompt a thick line render? If so, how the hell do I get it back to normal so I can render quickly and efficiently?

thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: RENDERING issues
on Oct 3, 2011 at 4:46:55 pm

[Ben Schramm] "In the past, there have been little to no problems with rendering, however, lately when I import the converted MOV file in to the timeline, FCP prompts a thick line render which takes multiple hours."
This is because the converted clips don't fully match with your sequence settings.

[Ben Schramm] "Is there anything that has been changed in the settings of FCP which would prompt a thick line rend"
Your export setting or your sequence setting do not match, so something has been changed somewhere.

[Ben Schramm] "If so, how the hell do I get it back to normal so I can render quickly and efficiently? "
Make sure your sequence setting are correct then use the same setting for the conversion.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ben Schramm
on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:05:22 pm

When I attempt to import the clip in to the sequence, a box pops up stating THE CLIP DOES NOT MATCH SEQUENCE SETTINGS. CHANGE SEQUENCE SETTINGS TO MATCH CLIP SETTINGS? I click yes, and yet it still prompts a thick line render.

How do I go about changing the export setting or making sure the sequence is exactly matched up with the video's settings?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:37:28 pm

[Ben Schramm] "When I attempt to import the clip in to the sequence, a box pops up stating THE CLIP DOES NOT MATCH SEQUENCE SETTINGS. CHANGE SEQUENCE SETTINGS TO MATCH CLIP SETTINGS? I click yes, and yet it still prompts a thick line render. "
That's right.
You have to avoid to get that box and the only way is to match the stuff.

Your exports setting must match in:
- Codec
- Time-base (fps)
- Size
- Pixels aspect
- Field order.
Audio must be PCM 48Khz/16b.
Make sure that FC interprets (Browser) properly the clips settings.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]