FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aspect Ratio problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Buttner
Aspect Ratio problems
on Oct 2, 2011 at 9:12:59 am

Hey guys

After working on a recent five minute job in FCP6, I realized that I clicked on "no" when the "Warning - This clip does not match the sequence's settings or any of you sequence presets" message (dumb, I know).

So now I am sitting with an entire timeline full of clips appear slightly squashed.

Is there any way to stretch the clip VERTICALLY? If I could do that slightly, then the aspect ratio of all my clips will be perfect and it would save me from redoing the project from scratch :/

Thanks again and sorry if the problem is a trivial one :)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Aspect Ratio problems
on Oct 2, 2011 at 4:50:11 pm

Hi Brad,
I guess is about fixing Attributes, but if you give a bit more of info on your footage and sequence settings, will be easier to try to find out the issue.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Brad Buttner
on Oct 2, 2011 at 7:38:10 pm

Thanks for the reply Rafael

I really think it is a simple issue relating to the sequence settings.

Is there perhaps a way of just vertically stretch the clip, as it seems as though the footage is squashed.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 3, 2011 at 12:24:26 pm

[Brad Buttner] "I really think it is a simple issue relating to the sequence settings.

Is there perhaps a way of just vertically stretch the clip, as it seems as though the footage is squashe"

If your sequence settings are OK and the footage match your sequence settings:
-Select all the clips in the time-line.
- Left-click > Remove Attributes > Basic Motion + Distort.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:22:38 am

What if you create a new sequence, drop a clip into it, click yes, then copy and paste your clips from the original timeline into the new one?

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:46:21 am

If you follow Eric Strands advice, it will work but the scale will be off. Manually adjust Scale back to 100%, Reset Basic Motion for each clip or highlight all, right-click> remove attributes> basic motion. Hopefully you don't have a lot of key framed zoom and pans etc!

Return to posts index

Brad Buttner
on Oct 9, 2011 at 11:45:49 pm

Thanks a lot, guys!

Rafael's response was most helpful in terms of what I needed to happen, but you have all helped to avoid future problems with my work, appreciated!

Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]