FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Rendering issues.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Esteban
FCP Rendering issues.
on Oct 1, 2011 at 9:13:22 pm

I'm using FCP 6.0.6.
This is my first project with the program so I will need some guidance on this one.

I throw my first clip (a .MOV file) it asks me if I want the settings to be fixed automatically. I click yes. Everything is kosher so far.
Then I drop another file and it shows unrendered. I assumed that it was because it was a .mp4 file. SO I went to Quicktime and saved it as a .MOV... Still, the same problem. If I render it, the minute I edit one little piece I have to render it again. A real pain.
Then, some times I get to see the video but not hear the audio, or viceversa...
HELP ME PLEASE!! I can't find a tutorial explaining this to me and I'm OH so tired of using iMovie!!!
PLEASE!!! I'm desperate here!!!
Thanks to the community!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP Rendering issues.
on Oct 1, 2011 at 10:39:24 pm

[Diego Esteban] "Then I drop another file and it shows unrendered. I assumed that it was because it was a .mp4 file"
Any difference between the source footage and the sequence setting will force rendering.
Converting the footage to QT (.mov) won't be enough.
The files will need to match the sequence settings in;
- Time base.
- Frame size.
- Pixels.
- Interlacing.
- Codec.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Diego Esteban
Re: FCP Rendering issues.
on Oct 2, 2011 at 3:45:10 pm

Rafael:
Yes, all this is true.
I just didn't know how to do that. Luckily a friend helped me with this... This is the "Basics for Final Cut Pro" thread... remember, we don't know ANYTHING! Thanks for the info, though.

If somebody has the same problem that I do, this is what to do folks (STEP by STEP, so newbies can understand too!):

Open your files with Quicktime Pro.
1- J will show you the audio and video properties (here's a pic)
2- Once you know the codecs, simply open the clips in QT, and then go to FILE and export them. Once done simply throw the clips into the Timeline and have fun. Here's a series of pics that will help you understand.

Now, THAT's how you explain to a newbie!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]