FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 - fast forwarding and still hearing what people are saying

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shirley Manson
FCP 7 - fast forwarding and still hearing what people are saying
on Sep 30, 2011 at 9:06:53 pm

Hey Creative Cows,

Bit of a strange one. One interview I have filmed I fast forward on the slowest setting - one 'L' click - and I can clearly understand what he is saying and so quickly review the interview.

But another interview I have, I fast forward in the same way but I can't decipher the words. It's almost as if it's forwarding a little bit faster. I know it's probably too late to do anything about this now but would love to know for future reference. Thanks folks. Shirley.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: FCP 7 - fast forwarding and still hearing what people are saying
on Oct 1, 2011 at 1:04:46 pm

There shouldn't be any difference in speed, but some people are easier to follow when sped up than others. I think it's to do with things like the speed at which they talk (which varies quite widely between individuals), the clarity of the words (some people run their words into the next one more than others do) and the pitch of the person's voice.

I can follow sped up speech quite well if I'm in a quiet room on my own but any kind of distraction makes it hard for me to keep going, so a really good set of headphones can help as well, just to blot out background noise. And take a break when you start to feel tired, just a couple of minutes to walk over to the water cooler can save you from developing headaches, stiff neck, etc.

Some of the work I do can have a lot of interviews to work through, so it's more efficient to export mp3s and have them transcribed, then I'll just listen to the sections where I'm most likely to find what I need.

Return to posts index

Shirley Manson
Re: FCP 7 - fast forwarding and still hearing what people are saying
on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:08:54 am

Thank you Andrew. This makes complete sense. Transcribing sounds like a good option. Best, S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]