FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is exporting to a QuickTime ProRes with 1 audio track (5.1 audio) possible or not?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dong
Is exporting to a QuickTime ProRes with 1 audio track (5.1 audio) possible or not?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:58:44 pm

Hello All,

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to setup a Final Cut Pro project to export to a ProRes file that has only one Track of audio, but mutiple channels (5.1) within the one track.

I've used several different methods to try and achieve this, however, it seems there is know way to export all the channels in on track.

I've found some online guides to mixing 5.1 with Final Cut Pro and I'm able to create ProRes ouput where there is 5.1 audio, but the audio is contained in multiple tracks.

It looks like a Final Cut Pro limitation that the most channels one track can have is 2 (for stereo).

Is one track 5.1 audio audio possible with FCP?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Is exporting to a QuickTime ProRes with 1 audio track (5.1 audio) possible or not?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:59:49 pm

Is one-track 5.1 audio possible in ANY editing app? Heck, is it possible AT ALL? I have done exports that are dolby 5.1...digital audio...on TWO tracks, provided to me by an audio mixer using Protools. And all it played back as was LOUD DIGITAL STATIC. But, there was equipment that could decipher that and make it full 5.1 audio. So I know it is possible with two tracks. Not sure about 1.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Dong
Re: Is exporting to a QuickTime ProRes with 1 audio track (5.1 audio) possible or not?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:38:52 pm

There is encoding tool on the PC that claim to be able to create QT files where the 5.1 exists in only 1 track.

We'll have to look into that route if this is not possible from FCP.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]