FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying video filters to a nested sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Strauss
Applying video filters to a nested sequence
on Sep 24, 2011 at 2:15:08 pm

Hi folks,

I have an FCP7 project comprised of 21 sequences, all filled with still images timed to music and representing scenes in a performance.
I'm loading all these sequences into a single master sequence and I would like to apply several video filters to everything in the master sequence.

I have tried dragging a filter (Sepia) to one of the nested sequences and this applies it, but I can't find out how to alter the parameters of this effect? It works fine when applied to a clip within a sequence, but not when applied to the sequence itself.

Can anyone show me where to alter the filter parameters? (And see what filters are applied?) I'm sure it's something simple.

Also, if there is a better way to apply an effect chain to everything on the master sequence, please let me know.

Cheers,
jls

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Applying video filters to a nested sequence
on Sep 28, 2011 at 2:20:33 am

Option double click will load the sub sequence back into the viewer.

Put the entire master sequence in ANOTHER sequence and then you can put one effect on the whole thing.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Ran Moncaz
Re: Applying video filters to a nested sequence
on May 7, 2015 at 12:02:55 pm

Right-click on the nested sequence and choose "open in viewer"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]