FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Video With Two Kinds of Footage in it (Digital Camcorder and Digitized Super 8)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren German
Music Video With Two Kinds of Footage in it (Digital Camcorder and Digitized Super 8)
on Sep 23, 2011 at 9:05:17 am

The music video I recently posted online is having issues with "hiccups" and "stuttering" during playback. I have my video posted on Vimeo, and each time I watch it there are between 2-4 stutters which all occur in different points of the footage each time.

If it is not simply from my internet connection, I suspect there is an issue with my footage or sequence settings. For this music video, I used two types of footage.

First type of footage: Digital footage shot on my Canon XH-A1 camcorder set in HD. This footage has the dimensions: Frame size: 1440x1080, 29.97 frames per second, HDV 1080i60, 16-bit integer, pixel aspect HD 1440x1080.

Second type of footage: Super 8 footage shot at 18fps, which was professionally digitized. I used the video converter Wondershare to convert the footage (which was in a Quicktime format) into an H.264 file. This footage has the dimensions of 23.98 frames per second, data rate: 2.0 MB/sec, pixel aspect: square.

I put them all together into a sequence with the sequence settings being: Frame size: 1440x1080, Aspect Ratio: HD (1440x1080) Anamorphic 16:9: Checked, Editing Timebase: 23.98 (Custom 23.976), Quicktime Video Settings: HDV 1080p24.

I exported the project using Quicktime conversion with the settings: Compression type: H.264, data restricted to: 5000 bytes, Frame Reordering: No, Frames rate: Custom (23.976) - Yet "24" is automatically selected as the key frame underneath and I can't change it. Frame size is HD 1280x720 16:9 (because Vimeo's compression settings recommend exporting a 1440x1080 video as a 1280x720). Deinterlacing: No

Audio Settings are: AAC, Data Rate: 320 kps, Sample rate: 44.1 kHz.

I am about to begin another music video similar to this one with both Canon XH-A1 1440x1080 footage and Super 8 in the sequence together. I am wondering the following:

1.) What should be sequence settings in Final Cut Pro be with both Canon XH-A1 and Super 8 footage in the sequence together?

2.) Does the Canon XH-A1 footage need to match the Super 8 footage in frame size, file type and pixel aspect?

3.) Is it okay to convert my digitized Super 8 footage using Wondershare, into an H.264 file with the dimensions described above? (Frame size: 1920x1440, Pixel aspect: Square)

4.) What kind of Quicktime conversion settings should I use to export the file? What should my compression type, frame rate, frame size and pixel aspect be?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]