FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export to tape Issues in Final Cut (HDV)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben talbott
Export to tape Issues in Final Cut (HDV)
on Sep 22, 2011 at 2:02:11 pm

I have read up on the many posts here, but still don't have an answer to my problem.

Recently shot a 3 camera event all using identical cameras (Sony Z5U) recorded in HDV. Set up my presets on FCP 7.03 to HDV 1080-50 for capture and sequence presets.. Loaded said footage, saw that it captured correctly in 1440x1080.

Edited the project in the timeline, exported to HDV using compressor, dropped the exported file into a new sequence. Problem is, FCP is telling me that my sequence is 1920x1080, and I can't get my file to export to tape as I have to deliver the final project on HDV tape. (Camera deck is the same Z5U, VCR settings to HDV, ilink conversion is off. Followed a bunch of steps recommended in other forums, no luck.

My main question is, how do I properly capture and edit my HDV footage going forward so I can then export back to tape? Why can't I get my timeline to read in 1440 instead of 1920, even though I set up the presets to be in 1080 50i which should be 1440x1080 right?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Export to tape Issues in Final Cut (HDV)
on Sep 23, 2011 at 11:53:35 pm

[ben talbott] "Edited the project in the timeline, exported to HDV using compressor, dropped the exported file into a new sequence."

Why did you do that? that was a step you didn't need to do. Just output your current HDV 1440x1080 sequence to tape directly.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

ben talbott
Re: Export to tape Issues in Final Cut (HDV)
on Sep 24, 2011 at 12:10:33 am

Yeah-because even though I had sequence set to 1440 it was outputting 1920. After a bunch of tries print to video worked after 2 reboots, go figure

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]